Leading Edge Energy launched a series of electricity group tenders in November. These campaigns are currently focused on hotels and pubs in NSW and Queensland and they are ongoing.
To aggregate the buying power of large market electricity users to negotiate the best possible rates from electricity retailers and metering providers.
Our focus is on the Large (commercial) market electricity customers. Electricity price rises are currently hitting Large market electricity customers the hardest. However, we will seek to provide a better deal to all electricity customers – Large or SME.
Our aim is to deliver savings in the following areas:
- Energy rates
- Retail service fees
- Metering fees
- Network charges*
* Our process for network charges is to review the current configuration and identify if there is a more suitable and cost effective tariff. We can not negotiate lower rates when it comes to network charges.
Our approach to the tender will differ depending on the following characteristics:
- Type of electricity customer – Large market or SME market
- State / Location – State and network area
- Contract start data – Grouped into quarters
We will aim to complete a tender for both the retail charges and the metering charges. As with all large market electricity offers, validity periods will be very tight. ie. Less that 10 days.
- Communicate & Promote: Promote the campaign through the AHA (NSW) and QHA in Queensland. We are currently running a telephone and fax campaign.
- Register Participants: Register customers who complete the online or fax form and provided a recent electricity invoice
- Assign Participants to Group: Based on electricity market type, location and contract start date.
- Monitor wholesale energy markets: We monitor wholesale futures, retail prices and spot prices.
- Go to market: Tender the group as a whole.
- Report results: Issue proposals to tender participants.
We are very much focused on working out a deal for customers with contracts expiring in the next 2 months. If you haven’t already heard from us, then it is likely that you are under contract for at least the six months. Rest assured, we will be in contact with you soon.
Otherwise, complete our online form here.